Google

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Last nite, I joined D's colleagues for a pre-Chinese New Year dinner at a classy Korean Barbeque restaurant called Gu Gu Jang. Food was great, especially the beef stew and we drank 3 bottles of extremely good Aussie wine (think it was Shiraz), paid by D's company. I had to control my wine intake to about 3 glasses as I did not want to struggle to wake up the next morning for school.
All the respective spouses were invited for this dinner, and there were 4 wives there including me. I got to know them much better during this dinner and I must say, it was good to hear about their work. We are all in different lines but meaningful ones. One is a cartographer at WildAid and she is really passionate with what she does; another is a geriatric occupational therapist.
I truly enjoy meeting up and listening to people as they do open up my eyes to things that I would otherwise not know in my own limited circle. Sometimes we are so caught up with ourselves and become so self-centred thinking that we are all there is in this world. We become so used to looking at things from our point of view and forget that there are countless possibilities and each view can be just as good as the other, if not better than even ours. Even in this technological age where we can be connected to anyone and anywhere at the same time with the touch of a button, we can still be isolated from one another. It can be such a paradox. And it takes one dinner with people I just got to know to remind me that I am part of this community of people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home