Google

Sunday, January 02, 2005

ESKIMO IN HK

Finally after all these months of speculation and wonder, here I am in this big fridge called Hong Kong. D is beside me, and we are watching our favourite show, CSI now. Ah, the good old days are back.
The temperature is about 13 degrees Celsius, and "I am cold" is an understatement. Holidays in the Rockies and the mountains of northern Thailand are but temporary experiences, unlike this. Living in the tropics all my life, this will take some getting used to. D has been prepping me up for this since Oct 04 and I have been the butt of his "Eskimo in HK" joke for a long time. Yeah, I have quite a low threshold for low temperatures.
I am missing my family back home, but this is something that I suppose I can't help it. I know keeping dad and mum in the know regularly should suffice given the circumstances.
The coming weeks, I am going to do some serious R & R and major housekeeping before starting work. This apartment that D has been living in is becoming too much like a bachelor pad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home