Google

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Melancholic Morning, Slow Night

This is one of those days I feel quite low. Maybe it's the overcast skies, maybe it's utter boredom, maybe it's just that I miss D badly (this time next week, he will be home... Yeah). Or perhaps it's all the things that I will miss when I move to HK - family, job (or lack of it which is kind of worrying), friends and the comfy life I have in this country.
Woke up early this morning to go to the polyclinic for my flu vaccination. I thought I could use my Civil Service Card (CSC) to pay for this jab hence decided to brave the Saturday crowd and long wait. Unfortunately my CSC isn't that powerful a card to foot the bill and I was stuck in the wait. I couldn't fathom why of all the rooms that were opened for consultation, the one that I was waiting for had to be locked till about an hour later. With the huge crowd, I wouldn't be surprised if I come down with flu even after my vaccination.
This coming Sunday 26th Dec will be the final time I will be doing sound with my wonderful crew.
There were times that I do dread waking up early for the setup (I'm not exactly a morning person). Sometimes I become peeved when the best of our intentions were not appreciated or were overwritten by the upper echelons.
But all these things become irrelevant when (1) it is God that I serve; (2) I am working with this bunch of great people; and (3) I learnt much from 2 sound maestros (Jerry and Esther). Mixing sound in church (or perhaps anywhere for the matter) is not just a matter of technical knowhow, but a certain level of sensitivity and feelings must be included in the overall mix, so that the music can touch the listeners.
This time round, the band and worship team will be new to us, and it seems like the setup is quite big. But I am sure with God on our side, everything will work in His glory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/19/2004 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home