Google

Friday, December 10, 2004

Take 1... Action!!!

Caught two movies this week - Alexander on Tues and National Treasure on Wed. Felt that Oliver Stone romanticised Alex a lil' too much but Angelina Jolie was great in the movie. It must have been most stressful to live in a family which was so dysfunctional, and a court filled with intrigue and treachery. Maybe that was why Alex continued in his dream and travelled further away from home. Back home, Alexander is given a M-18 rating, i.e. the show is only for those who are 18 yrs and above. The nice auntie i/c of the theatre door actually asked for my identity card and didn't want to see my 2 friends' ID cards. Gee, I suppose I should take that as a compliment... that I still look under 18?!? Or maybe, the nice auntie just want to have a good laugh after looking at my ID card. National Treasure was fine... action was quite well-paced, and it is always good to engage the audience in solving the clues so that the audience would not be bored during the movie. But of course the movie really wants to show everything positive about being American, not-too subtle propaganda really. Even with VCDs, DVDs, LCDs, Plasma or HDTVs... movies and movie-going are going to be around for a long long time. The whole idea of being entertained, in the dark on nice cushy seats, by the huge characters on the screen and having our ears blasted by the great surround system... it's just something that can't be replicated by watching the same show at home. But then again, I will not have to hiss and shush at people, who either don't know how to turn their mobiles to silent mode, or who decide to tell their friend what will happen next in the movie. One thing for sure, I can't bear watching horror movies in the cinema... the theatre is just too dark and I can't pause, fast-forward or stop the part when terror strikes. The only thing I can do is to close my eyes and grab the armrests tightly, and hoping that nothing cold or sharp rubs against my bare hands or neck. What is most terrifying is when some fellow movie-goers scream even before the scary parts of the movie, and instinctively, I will close my eyes. But when I open them, that's also when the crazed hooded/masked killer/monster decides to slash/gouge/torment the victim. D has already said he wants to watch Blade Trinity and Ocean 12 when he returns in another 14 days. Something to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home