Google

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

DOMESTICATED LIFE

It's been quite a while since my last entry. This is my 2nd week in HK and frankly, I haven't done much. This "pseudo-tai tai" life is quite a nice idea, but I don't think I can last long in this. Simply waking up each morning around 10, clean up the house, visit the gym every alternate day and cook dinner almost every night can be quite fun for a while.... but the concept of work is enticing me and I can't wait to return to it at the end of the month. Besides, I have bills to pay and before D is driven nuts by my boredom.
Life's like that, full of paradox and opposites. When I was working, there were days when I just dread it and wonder if a break from work will keep my sanity intact.
Earlier today, I went for my Pre-Employment Medical Checkup at Raffles Medical Group. Well, I am overdue for a medical checkup, although today's checkup was not that thorough, but it was free and encompassed blood tests and chest x-ray. So that's a pretty good deal.
This coming Sunday, D and I hope to visit this church and see if we will be comfortable with the service and the congregation. This will allow us to continue our walk with God even though we are away from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home