Google

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Resurrection From The Depths Of Sloth

This is the last weekend when I can be the sloth of the family. Come next Monday, I will be starting work.
In a way, I am so very thankful that I am able to be gainfully employed for the next 6 months. Afterall, I am able-bodied and too young to be a housewife. Besides this job opportunity is very good, definitely from God.
And of course, the money is helpful given that D and I need to save up for our "Baby Fund" in preparation for a potential new member later in the year. And that I can use the dough to finance the various toys that I want to get for myself before I become a mum. A new mobile phone, a pair of Nike vintage sneakers, that video camera which has been on my wishlist for the past 2 years, holiday in I-Can't-Decide-Where-Yet ....
I pride myself for being adaptable and open-minded in new situations, however I am still filled with a certain level of anxiety and doubt as Monday draws nearer. I suppose this is natural, expected and nothing to be ashamed of.
Tomorrow, D and I will be going into Shenzhen to "activate" my work visa. I need to be out of HK and re-enter the country with the work visa pasted inside my passport, so that the custom officer can endorse it. Originally, I wanted to go to Shenzhen on my own, but D's colleagues felt that I would be an easy target for the many pickpockets there as I have a "tourist look". Hence the need for D to accompany me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home