Google

Monday, January 17, 2005

ATTACKED BY THE VIRUS KIND

I am writing this having survived by my first illness in HK. Everything was great on friday, my appetite was good during dinner, no headache or stuffy nose, there was not a hint of what was to come in the dead of the night.
In bed, I knew my tummy had started to act up, it came in waves and heaves, like an earthquake which seemed to send tremors and waves of discomfort throughout my body, particularly towards my oesophagus. I had tried to sleep, but my neck felt totally disassociated from my body, and every ache in my muscles was amplified. My mind, though tired out from the constant chills that wrecked my body, was racing through countless imaginary obstacles and roadblocks, remnants of the insane show I had been following weekly.
The toilet bowl was well-visited, and all my dinner ended in the depths of the sewers. My mind was swimming, like the whirlpool made each time I flushed the toilet. As I crawled back to bed, another bout of nausea would hit me and I had to make my way back to the toilet again and again. D was awakened by the racket and had an equally uneventful sleep. He tried to keep me warm and waited for me outside the toilet each time to take me back to bed.
Funnily, deja vu hit me as I had experienced the same thing last year in June when I was totally drunk and had a major hangover.
This went on till the next afternoon, when D took me to see the doctor, a nice old man with a mask over his mouth. He reassured me that this stomach flu I was experiencing had been going around for the past couple of weeks and I most likely had gotten it a few days back. He gave me sufficient medicine to last for 2 days, told me to sleep as much as possible and that I would be well by then.
And the amazing thing is it's now Monday, and I feel great. I hope that this will last, I simply hate being ill. On retrospect, I could have gotten the virus from this lady when I was at Raffles Medical Centre last Tuesday, waiting for my medical checkup. She was in quite a bad shape and had a bad stomach upset. And I hope she is fine now.
I reckon that's the way it is, we are constantly bombarded by the unseen, by the micro-invaders which may just bring the person down. First order of the day, purchase some Vitamin C and Spirulina to boost up my immune system. And loads of prayers that D will not succumb to the virus as he and I were in such close proximity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kancheong Spider said...

Yah man... thanks.

1/24/2005 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home