Google

Monday, January 31, 2005

0600hr - Kick Me Out Of Bed

Home alone now. D had to work late, and by the time he come home, it will be my bedtime. I am making it a habit (started last night) to go to bed at 11pm, so that I am not one of the living dead when I am in school each day.
Today is my first day back at work, and that familiar feeling of doing something worthwhile really come back to me again. I suppose this is why I don't really think I will change career, it is a wonderful feeling to know that I have connected with the pupils. Their smiles, their inquistive nature, their "Yes-I-Think-I-Can-Do-It" looks...
Just like any first day in a new environment, I must say I felt quite awkward and wondered if I was doing the right thing. I had a number of questions which were answered by the relevant people but at the same time, it was quite an information overload. I suppose it will take time to get into the crunch of things and familiarise myself with the physical and social geography of this new school.
While on the way home, I was feeling quite drained. The initial high and pumped-up adrenaline of the day had dissipated, but I was still crazy enough to cook a quick dinner of pita bread and morrocan spicy chicken for D and I, vacuumed the apartment and went to the gym for a 40-minute workout.
Got to snooze soon, and D is back, finally. Just in time to tuck me into bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger The One and Only... said...

Me got blog now... it's at http://auntiecarole.blogspot.com

2/03/2005 08:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home