Google

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

FInally get to watch TV... And More Bks

I have finally, finally got the chance to watch TV in my own house. The simple situation is that if my MIL (mother-in-law) is watching TV in the living room, I will not be able to watch it. Well, actually, I suppose I could if I ask her, but I can't do it. Whether it's out of respect or whatever, she has the priority.

Here's the situation:
Yes, she has a TV in her bedroom but it doesn't have cable unlike the one in the living room. She watches lots of TVB serials (i.e. soaps from HK) which used to be on video tapes that are delivered to her from some video rental shop on the video tape player in her room. However this trip back, I found that the tapes have now evolved into VCDs which can only be played on the home theatre system we have in the living room.
Anyway, I was home early today so I could just plonk myself on the rosewood couch (not as comfy as my Moby D beanbag in HK) and watch Ron White's "They Call Me Tater Salad".
Ron is a stand-up comedian, who drinks whisky and smokes onstage while delivering his jokes, sometimes punctuated with the occasional f*%*#@ words. D had introduced me to Ron White via the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour" which is an absolute riot to watch.
As I am typing this, I am watching the S'pore Idols Season 2 ... just to see the quality of our local potential singers.
I bought some more books at the Campus Crusade Bookstore to continue with my biblical/revelations/end of the world collection this afternoon. I love this genre particularly, it intrigues me and makes me think hard about what is to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home