Google

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Ipod Mini Has Been Resurrected

Remember my Ipod Mini had crashed some weeks back, and the silly visit to the service centre wasn't any help except a pathetic suggestion to purchase a new Ipod instead of repairing it. D did some research and found a way to change the original 6Gb Hard Disk on my dead Ipod Mini while he was in NYC. All I need to do was to pay for the replacement battery and a new hard disk, so that D could do the repair on his own. I had a choice between 4Gb or 8Gb hard disk, but decided to buy the 4Gb one. Reasons being: I will not really utilise so much memory space just for mp3; and most importantly, if the repair isn't successful, I will not feel the monetary pain. Anyway, the new batt and the 4Gb hard disk cost HK$250 and HK$730 respectively, which came up to a grand total of HK$980. Under HK$1k? Definitely better than the extravagant suggestion at the service centre. Last night, D spent some time to figure out what he needed to do while following the instructions given in the CD which came with the replacement batt. I went into his den a couple of times but didn't dwell too long 'cos D doesn't like to be disturbed when he is doing something. I saw his deep concentration, and later saw his broad grin as he gave me my Ipod Mini. It is working perfectly well today. I am so glad he had taken the time and effort to do this, especially since last night was my b'day. Fixing my Ipod is one present that really makes my day. I feel kinda bad that I didn't trust his skills enough to have chosen the 8Gb hard disk for him to fix onto my Ipod Mini. But then again, 4Gb is enough really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home