Google

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I am Home Alone Again

D is currently somewhere over the Atlantic, flying towards NYC with a short stopover at Narita Airport, Tokyo. He is there for work and I so wish that I am travelling with him. But duty calls, work beckons, pupils' exams and loads of practice paper to mark. Drats...
The paradox is if I am able to fly with him, it means that I am not working, therefore my time is very flexible; however it will mean that I don't have a regular income to enjoy the occasional splurge and become financially dependent on D, who may not really let me enjoy my breakfast at Tiffany's or the stroll down 5th Ave.
D sure has fewer things to pack for a week-long trip in NYC, a few boxers here, some shirts there and only 1 pair of jeans. Argh, I had to bug him to bring another pair of pants, which he did in the last minute, a Columbia hiking pants.
D didn't want to sleep last night, partly 'cos he has to take the cab at 6.30am to the airport and also 'cos he wanted to be on NYC time to reduce jetlag. I tried to stay up as long as possible, but had to hit the sack around 3am. Kinda tired out after the climbing I did earlier in the evening, and the late-night lurve-thingy we did. :)
I hate to be away from D, even if it is for a few days. I hope it's not a case of being clingy, but it is not exactly very fun when I am home alone.
Funny how it sometimes irks me to see D just slobbing away on his Moby Dick (the beanbag) and channel-surfing. How it pisses me off when he doesn't clear his stuff rightaway. Or when he hogs the PSP and play Virtua Tennis and only passes it to me when he loses, which by the way, isn't very frequent. (For the record, D has generously left the PSP at home, and has prepared a few DVDs for me to watch during this week.)
And now, I realise I do miss him lots... and he will not be back till late on the night of 12th June. Still, while I am home alone, it doesn't hurt to meet up with friends and have some drinks later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home