Google

Monday, April 17, 2006

Blessed Easter

D and I watched "The Passion" on Good Friday, and tears fell when Jesus bore the scourging, insults, physical pain of bearing the heavy cross and the deep inner pain of being despised by his own people. I felt the pain of his mother, Mary, who had to see her son suffer and die willingly in obedience to God's will and to the mission entrusted upon his shoulders. D was teary watching it, while I was simply letting it all flow out. I remembered telling God, "I don't deserve it, but thank you for doing what You did." The Passion was a graphic depiction of what was stated in the Bible, but I reckoned it could have been worse on that day. The empty tomb signifies new life, a new beginning, which I must remember to take it seriously at all times. Given all the hype created by Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code or any other theories about Jesus, it can be most confusing for everyone, even Christians who aren't strong in their faith.
But one thing for sure,
And I am grateful for that 'cos this means Jesus' mission is completed; death is defeated; our sins are forgiven; we are saved and we need to take this life more seriously than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home