Google

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Books & Silly Pens

I was at Borders and all books were going at 20% off the original prices. Bought 2 books (LOTR and Lynn Hill's Climbing Free) while I was there.
I was googling for a pic or link to Lynn Hill's Climbing Free book to show D via msn, and came across her blog (I have inserted it under "Bloggies Links"). I realised that I could have purchased her book via her website and she would have signed on the book and shipped it to me... DRATS. I have a postcard of her climbing on my table in school, and she is a real inspiration. Not that I will be like Lynn Hill, she is way advanced but it's good to know that there are female climbers out there who can do much better than lots of male climbers... yeah, it's my feminist side talking.
LOTR... loved the book and the movie. I remembered watching Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers on the big screen and decided to borrow the book from the library, read the entire book including Return Of The King before this final instalment was screened at the end of the following year. It's an amazing book, slow in the beginning but JRR Tolkien is a genius.
Before this, I had bought 2 other books from Kinokuniya. Both D and I miss the libraries and bookstores in S'pore, 'cos English books are both expensive and difficult to find in HK. We will usually buy about 10 bks each visit and ship them back to HK.

Earlier this week, I came across this pushcart store at Parco Bugis selling silly pens. I am still thinking whether to get the one with the middle finger and the other with the victory sign...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home