Google

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back Home... Can Finally R&R

After taking 44 pupils out daily on outings and excursions for the whole of this week, it's good to finally take a breather from the stress of leading each field trip. The stress is not due to these pupils (who incidentally are wonderful bunch), but mainly because of my boss who came along each day.
A couple of places that I enjoyed during this outings/excursions week are the Kranji Memorial Park and the Laborador War Tunnels. It's funny how I never actually bothered to visit the Kranji Memorial Park, but only visited it when I am back from HK. It's a peaceful, solemn place that is so full of history and pain, but it is 'cos of what these youngsters did back in WWII that allowed S'pore to still be around. I am not sure how much of my pupils actually understood the significance of this place, but I hoped the experience and the exposure helped.
Another place that I enjoyed is the recently discovered Laborador War Tunnels. It is my first time in Laborador Nature Park, and I would be interested to go there again. The kids were a bit squeamish about the dark and narrow tunnels, but I think they did enjoy the historical experience.
For the past 3 days, I had been feeding myself with my favourite local hawker fare, Hokkien Prawn Mee, Mee Pok, BBQ Sambal Stingray, Oyster Omelette... Together with another colleague, we visited the newly opened Tiong Bahru Hawker Centre, the temporary Chinatown Hawker Centre near Outram MRT Station and Glutton Bay @ Esplanade.

Can't wait for D to come back next week, so that we can go and eat some more. Going to gym tomorrow, tennis and swim on tuesday to work it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home