Google

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's Not A Matter Of If, It's When...

Drats... I always, always tell myself, "This will be THE phone, I will not change it for at least 2 years!" But something else comes along, with its MTV-styled ads and huge showy billboards that constantly remind me that nothing lasts, things changes, technology improves. Especially in HK, the latest style and fad enter the market very quickly and everywhere I turn, I am hit right in the face by them. Argh, it's an evil place to be in. I have to constantly remind myself not to be suck into this neverending, sometimes sneaky whirlpool. If I am not careful, I will be suck right into this abyss of consumerism. Focus, focus... I suppose I am a real sucker for technology and gadgets, especially phones. And this ONE has caught my eye this year with every neurons in my brain telling me, "It's time for a change; the photos and video functions are much better and clearer than your 7610; good for your blog; it's the ONE... at least for one year!" So which is this amazing thing that has caught my eye now?
The Nokia N80
(see Cnet Asia Review ) I reckon I will get it next month, after paying off my bills first. Just spent abt HK$6k on my PADI DiveMaster course, books and all. Yeah, the yuppie lifestyle, it's quite good... but need to remind myself that I have to focus on the long term, making sure there is enuf cash to sustain a relatively simple lifestyle when I stop working and when kids come along the way. So since I can afford it now, I should just reward myself once in a while for the hard work that I have put in so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home