Google

Sunday, June 25, 2006

X-Men The Last Stand

We decided to catch X-Men: The Last Stand before it closes in HK. It was kinda last minute decision last night and the online booking system took a while to process my reservations.
Movies here in HK are generally more expensive than back hm in S'pore, which also depends on the timings and the venues. Basically the ticket prices aren't standardise throughout, and you can get HK$25 tics even on a Sunday if you are willing to watch the movie around 10am at some far flung theatre.
D & I usually go to the theatre near our apt, in this mall called APM, which is considerably new since it only opened in the 2nd half of the year.
For shopping-crazy HK, it is just another huge mall with the usual stores, numerous eateries, a swanky movie theatre called Palace APM (comfy leather seats, good sound system, tasteful decor... very nice, better than most theatres in S'pore) and the occasional crazy indoor sub-artic temperatures. It is usually packed with shoppers and it becomes worse when some star or singer (eg Jay Chou, F4 etc) comes by for a roadshow, 'cos their fans will be screaming their heads off, and it's not just young girls... there are young blokes, mums and grannies too.
Anyway, we had caught the earlier X-Men and we reckon we might as well complete the series. The movie was generally ok, I thought this one had a more political and ethical slant than the earlier two. It is tough to give sufficient screentime to characterise each mutant, and some of the lesser ones end up more as cameos. Nonetheless, I quite like the movie, not to the extent that I will watch it again, but I would give it 3 out of 5 popcorns.
I was just disappointed that some of the main mutants had to die... so sad, and especially when Logan/Wolverine had to put aside his personal wants for the general good.
D somewhat stressed me out a little while we were waiting for the credits to end. I had told him that there would be a surprise at the end of the credits, something that I remembered reading somewhere. The thing about D is he can somewhat influence me, and make me doubt myself. The rest of the moviegoers started to walk out of the theatre, which obviously made me think that maybe I had misread or mistaken it for another movie.
Anyway, the credits finally ended, and well, I was correct. There is a surprise at the end, about 10 secs or so of it, but I dunno if that means there will be a X-Men 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home