Google

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

"To Infinity, and beyond"

I like this quote from Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear. The other one that I like to use when speaking to my pupils is "With great power comes great responsibility" (Spiderman's Uncle Ben). And how about "Resistance is futile" from Star Trek... nice quote to use when I feel like being the tyrant.
Back to Buzz's quote, I had been doing some self-reflection past few weeks and the one thing that kept coming back to my mind is that I am really enjoying myself here in HK with D. The people that I have known and still hang out with; the loads of activities that both of us have been doing these past few months; the nice freedom I am having now being away from my parents (who are overly cautious about things); our own space in our little 640 sq. ft. apartment. It's hard to figure out which I like most, it's the sum of everything I suppose. And thank God that He has been bringing all these into our lives, enriching us physically, mentally and spirtually too.
We have finally completed our PADI Open Water Diver course just 2 days back. It had taken quite a while, mainly 'cos the lessons had to be arranged to suit one of our coursemates' busy schedule.
Diving in the waters around Sai Kung is of couse not like waters in Palau or even Tioman. Visibility isn't very good, coral reefs aren't that colourful, mainly small fish, but it's still a good place to learn and being assaulted by agressive Clownfish (remember Nemo).
Finally, we are done with it, and will be doing our Advanced course in another 2 weeks. And in Nov, D and I are hoping to do the Lead Climbing Course with the Sports Climbing Association Hong Kong (SCAHK). Hopefully we will be accepted as the public courses conducted by SCAHK are quite popular as they are cheaper than those conducted by YMCA.
I reckon I am striving to do so much because too much time was wasted thinking about doing diving, climbing or anything, and ultimately, nothing was done. Besides, I want to complete as much as possible before D and I try for a kid in Dec. This will be the ultimate adventure I will be attempting... So many things to do, but so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home