Google

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Office Pets

Remember last week I wrote about D who went to his office to clean up his company's fish tank... well, I was at his office later that evening as he had to do some work too. So there I was, bored as usual, played my PSP and took pics around his office, particularly the aquarium. Yup, this is the name of D's company. It's quite a small office, totally male-dominated (about 10 men of different nationalities) except for the auntie who drops by daily to clean the place. I haven't seen the fish tank in a while, and heard about the horrendous killings that were carried out by the infamous mini-lobster which these guys bought. The latest tragedy occurred when two small turtles-lookalikes (dunno the name in English, but its shell is not hard, is quite small, and have flippers like those wild sea-turtles) were mauled by the mini-lobster. It's quite a small aquarium, and since I am not a fan of fish unless it's cooked, I really can't tell one fish from another... to me, they are just fish. Anyway, there is a yellow puffer which spends its time bobbing up and down the side of the tank, looking at its reflection; a yellow fish which keeps bugging and snapping at the Bottom-Feeder; a crab, two fish which I think are Discus; that infamous mini-lobster which is actually an Australian Blue Yabby and some shrimps which are originally food for the fish but are now in hiding and surviving. Some pics of the aquarium: The Oz Blue Yabby: Incidentally, there are quite a no. of Ozzie Blue Yabby recipes on the Net. Hmmm.... D regularly gives me the Discovery/National Geographic updates on the well-being and the predator/prey situation in this fish tank. But really, should there be so much killing in a fresh-water fish tank?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home