Google

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Final Short Trips - Taipei & Macau

This weekend will be quite fun, D & I are squeezing in one trip to Taipei on Fri (after staff meeting in school) and returning on Sunday afternoon. We will be there to attend his colleague's wedding at Taichung on Sat, which is also D's 35th B'day. Taichung is about 2-hrs away from Taipei by bus, and that is what we will be travelling on to and after the wedding dinner.
It's my first trip to Taipei, and although it is a short one, I don't really mind as long as I get to visit another country. Anyway the flight to Taipei from HK is just 1h and 20 min, which is worthwhile for a short trip overseas.
When we return on Sunday, I will have to pack for another 3 day 2 night stay at Hyatt Regency Macau. This will be a Staff Retreat with all my colleagues, lest you think it is a holiday with shopping, eating out and some spa sessions, not quite. The word "retreat" just means away from the actual school building in HK.
It is a camp in a way, with team building activities, planning sessions for the new academic year and hopefully we will all be well-fed. Still, I am looking forward to it, staying in a 5-star hotel and having some fun with my colleagues. But I will miss D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home