Google

Monday, October 24, 2005

Diving In Sai Kung Waters

Here are some fotos of us doing our Basic Open Water Course about 2 weeks ago... we had already completed the course and right now, D & I are currently doing both the Advanced course and the Enriched Air Specialty course... more on that later on. Some underwater shots... lots of corals and anemones, small fish and curious but agressive clownfish, menacing sea urchins with long ugly black spines. Visibility on those 2 weekends was still bearable, although the visibility on the first weekend was quite bad. Nonetheless, we could still see stuff. Incidentally, we dived yesterday as part of our Advanced course, and the visibility was the worst so far. Hopefully, it will be clearer tomorrow. I am the one with the cyan mask and D is the other person next to me (we are the ones with the yellow LiveStrong wristbands). I wasn't that confident to take out my regulator just to smile for the camera... Can u see the "fear" in my eyes ?!? Actually it was quite ok, I had a problem initially getting my buoyancy right, but have gotten better the last 4 to 5 dives. So far, we had bought our own masks (Cressi for me and Tusa for D), snorkels (Cressi & Tusa), booties (Scubapro), fins (Tusa), gloves (Scubapro & Bare) and dive watches (Suunto). We are looking at buying our wetsuits (GUL) later in the year when we are back in S'pore. Regs and BCDs probably later, if we dive often enough which will make economical & hygenic sense to have our own rather than rent. D & I did the basic course with a few friends, and it was a good way to catch some rays, enjoy the other side of HK and get to know one another better. Ah Yun (the bald guy doing the peace sign ) in the picture below is the Divemaster who assisted our instructor Ah Mun... he is quite a funny character and made us all laugh most of the times. The fotos were all taken by him, pretty good actually given the lousy visibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home