Google

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Playtime...

D has signed up as a member at another bouldering gym (Go Nature Bouldering Gym @ Kwun Tong), which is within walking distance from our apartment. This bouldering gym is in a factory itself, and members are given a security card which will unlock the gate to the gym.
We were there yesterday from 7-8pm, and were the only ones there. The gym is definitely easier to learn and train as compared to Climberland @ Wan Chai.
I always look forward to bouldering and it is something that D & I can do together. Given the long work day, it is tempting to just go home and slouch in the couch, flipping through the TV channels. But I am not the kind to stay still, and D too. Since our riding days are put on hold, D & I need to keep ourselves busy with some other activities.
In another couple of weeks, we will be going for more top-roping climbing course (6 hours each day for 2 Saturdays). This is the one that Ah Jun had said he will conduct for us so that we can also obtain the SCAHK cert and card, which will allow us to climb at the public walls. We had gone to see the wall (Shek Kip Mei Outdoor Wall) that we will be using during this coming course, and it is darn tall... all of it at 15 m and out in the open. It's quite scary, given that both D & I are scared of heights... more on that when we get to the course. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ah Jun will not ask us to do the darn "Falling" act.
The next big one coming up is training for the coming Dragonboat race in June. I can't wait actually, it will be so fun... afterall I haven't done that before. D said that I may not find it so fun when my arms are "dropping" off from the training.... hmmm, we will see about that. My colleague is arranging for this and well, quite a number of people are taking part in this.
D & I talked about why we are doing so many activities, much more than when we were in S'pore... I supposed, for me, it is to do as many things as I can before we have a kid... and to create memories for myself so that I have stuff to tell my kids later in the future. I am having loads of fun right now, tired out, but having fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger The One and Only... said...

Wah... this place looks more homely.. as compared to the rest. Dragonboat??? Wah!!! I heard training's REAL tough! You actually start by training in the swimming pool... (trying to move the built-in pool :P ) LOL!

4/21/2005 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kancheong Spider said...

No leh... we will be training in real waters somewhere at Ap Lei Chau near Aberdeen, and if we are good, we will row to this other part called Deepwater Bay. Competition will be at Discovery Bay. I hope we will all survive, most of us are new and teachers.

4/22/2005 09:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home