Google

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

20D, Ipod Mini & Cuban Cigars

After at least 3 years of talking, procrasinating and more discussion, D has finally bought a digital SLR. In late 2002, I had planned on getting the now-discontinued Canon EOS D30 for D as a B'day present, but he didn't want me to splurge. I think he has quite a flair in taking photos, although he prefers scenary shots. Later, we considered getting the Canon 300D, but D was half-hearted about getting it. Then Nikon D70 came into the market, and D was still half-hearted. Just when he has kind of decided on the D70, Canon 20D came out. I told him to "just get the darn camera. We also bought the Dry Cabinet to store the 20D, the old sony digital camera and our newly acquired taste of the Old World... Cuban Cigars. We had smoked cigars three times and thought the Romeos & Julieta Cuban Cigars are better than the Monte Cristos. D bought the mini R & J at the duty-free shop 2 weeks back and these will be taken out on special occasions. I decided to reward myself with another MP3 player... what else but the iPod Mini. I have been using the Creative Muvo2 4 Gb MP3 player since last Feb but recently the headphone jack on the set seem to cause the sound to be distorted. My new iPod Mini has been personalised (engraved with my name and a bible verse) and has 6 Gb of memory space. Now I am considering purchasing the Monster cable to connect the iPod to the hifi system, and which camcorder to get. Both of us have a list of stuff that we want to get, but we know we can't get everything... all the stuff on that list are basically wants and not needs. We mull over these stuff, think and re-think to see if we really need the stuff, and most of the time, we end up not getting them. But these wants provide us with some intermediate goals to work towards, to cheer us on and reward us for the hard work we do each day. For me, particularly, I didn't have much when I was growing up and felt, in a way, deprived. So now that I can afford some of these things, I don't mind making them mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger The One and Only... said...

Wah piang!!! Smoking!!! :)) Liked the new camera... haiz... how much is it?

4/13/2005 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kancheong Spider said...

HI HI
Aiyah, only smoked cigars 3 times... and only to celebrate somethings... ;) The D20 costs about S$2.7k. D thinking of getting better lenses at a later time, now just playing wif it.

4/14/2005 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home