Google

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Jetkite

I hate flying, but I am intrigued by planes and its technology. I hate taking-off and the descent, but I enjoy controlling these using the flight simulator games. I hate turbulence and the continuous rumble of the engines, but I enjoy watching aerial acrobats and the crescendo of flying fighter jets that pass overhead. I love to travel, even though I hate to be on the plane, whether it's an hour's flight or 14 hours.
D & I decided to fly by Jetstar Asia as we wanted to try another budget airline and to save money. Instead of the 'tunnel' which leads the passengers from the gate to the plane, we were shuttled to the waiting plane on a airport bus. It was quite an experience, and I thought it was a blast to have a little tour of the airport from a different view... the runway.
The bus zipped pass other planes and we saw our silver bird standing at a distance, all alone, far away from the terminal and other planes. I imagined the plane to be a Gulfstream, my private jet, waiting for me. But then again, it felt weird that the plane is all by itself.... nothing wrong I hoped.
Later in the evening, we chanced upon these psychedaelic radio-control kites flying at a distance. It so happened that our friend, who designed and made our wedding rings, was there and to our surprise, he has decided to stop his jewellery business to pursue his interest... radio-control kite flying.
We had a blast watching these whimsical things zipping by, hovering like a heli, flying through hoops and hitting targets, rising high up into the stars like UFOs. I had seen our friend flew these things a couple of years back, and had thought about owning one of these kites.
The next day, we went to his shop at Riverside Point (www.goflykite.com), spent some time learning to use the radio-control unit while playing the flight simulator and checking out the stuff in the shop. Once again, I am so interested in getting one of these flying things, but where in the world can I fly it in land-scarced HK.... sigh.
u>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home