Google

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

New Sports Climbing Gear

D & I were at Mongkok last night to buy a pair of climbing shoes each. I had done some research on the kind of shoes which will be good for beginners like us, yet cheap enough. There is this shop called in Mongkok called RC Outfitters which seems to be well-stocked with camping and climbing gear. My kind of shop really... not that I do any camping but I am always intrigued by the interesting stuff in these shops.
I chose the cheaper Bufo Weapon (HK$200 - a real bargain) which D paid for.
And D bought the more expensive but so cool-looking Evolv Defy (20% Discount and sold for HK$460).
We have also signed up as members of RC Outfitters (since we spent more than $200) and are entitled to future discounts. Apparently if we accumulate more than HK$1K, we will be the VIP members... possibly even bigger discounts. Maybe we will invest in our own harnesses ;) Later this evening, I will be attending the 2nd lesson at YMCA, and hoping that D will be able to join me. Not quite sure if he can get out of work, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Will have to practise my Cantonese later at night after the course when I take the cab back... I hope that the cab driver will understand my pronunciation and take me home to the correct place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home