Google

Friday, March 11, 2005

Norah Jones Concert 11th Mar Friday

It's the weekend... I was practically "switched off" after school at 3pm. Each of us has a small whiteboard that hung on the fabric wall of our workstation and I had written "11/3 Norah Jones Concert 8 pm" on it. This is something that I am looking forward to; everyday when I looked at the whiteboard, it makes me feel happy. Actually, D and I had booked the tickets a tad bit too late... the most expensive tics were all sold out and we had to settle on the mid-priced ones. We were still much too far away from the stage, but D put it in perspective for me... "We are going there to listen to her music, anyway, she doesn't dance or prance around like Britney Spears... she will be seated mostly at her piano right?!?" D rationaled. So, we booked the tics which I paid for from my first paycheck... it's always good to be back at work. Here are some photos I took of Norah Jones (with my 7610) projected onto the nearest screen. It was a great night... totally enjoyed her singing and music. Norah Jones really sounded great, almost like her recordings (the sound engineers are really good) Her band (incidentally called The Handsome Band which is made up of 2 guitaritsts, 1 bassist and a drummer, all looking not exactly that handsome leh) was amazing too. She didn't exactly steal the show, but gave due respect and stage presence to each of the band members to be creative in their parts. The concert was held at HKCEC (Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre - see photo below of the amazing view outside the hall) and was in one of the many halls in this huge centre). The hall is huge but it isn't like our Durian Esplanade back in S'pore.... more like those exhibition halls in Suntec City. D & I arrived at our seats early and waited for the concert to start. Two things irritated me during the wait. 1. People were late and the concert only began around 8.10pm. People were still streaming in even after the 4th song which at one point, Norah asked "Are we all here yet?" and later commented that "You all come in so quietly". 2. There is the darn counter that sold food (hotdogs and drinks) throughout the concert, and we were seated very near the counter. People would walk towards the counter and queue up to buy food during the entire concert. "Hello!!! Are you here to eat or listen to Norah Jones?!? Do that at home with her CD playing instead." It doesn't make sense to me why the organisers allow this, 'cos this isn't like some outdoor concert where you could have your picnic and watch the show. Anyway, Norah and her band came back for the encore and we were all on our feet during the 3 songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home