Google

Sunday, June 19, 2005

One Year Older...

29 years have passed and after a while, birthday celebrations don't really matter much. Although I did ask D a couple of times what he planned to do to celebrate my b'day, not that I really wanted some kind of celebration, but it was nice to look forward to something. But alas, nothing was planned actually. Sigh, so much for 3 years of marriage.
So on this day, we basically woke up and got ready for our climbing session at a nearby indoor wall from 11pm to 4pm. This was the long overdue session we were supposed to have last month, the one which would give us the SCAHK (Sports Climbing Association Hong Kong) certification besides the YMCA one that we already have. The reason for this certification is that we felt it was more recognised (since it is affiliated to the International Mountaineering Body). Anyway the wall is about 9m high (slightly higher than the one in YMCA) but had a no. of routes which are challenging, particularly when the climber slips or wants to be let down, the climber will swing outwards like a big pendulum... it is quite daunting to have the wall on both sides coming straight at you while you are about 7-9 m above ground. I hate that swinging feeling especially the first few climbs, but I reckon this is something which I have to get used to.
I had brought my new toy, the Sony Handycam DCR-PC350E, to take some clips while D and I climbed. But I broke the no. 1 rule in filming: Forget To Insert Tape... so silly, I can't believe I had forgotten about the silly tape. So much for being one year wiser.
As for my b'day dinner, we had it at our usual food court at the shopping mall near our place... not very romantic, but it's ok. I don't really put much emphasis on things like this, since the more important thing is who I am spending the time with.

2 Comments:

Blogger The One and Only... said...

I shall use my phase-of-the-week on you --> SEE-TO-PID!!! Hahahahaha... Not much wiser hor.. Kekekekkekee

6/22/2005 08:52:00 AM  
Blogger Kancheong Spider said...

Yah, I know... I nearly want to knock my head against the wall... really stoopid me. Sigh.

6/23/2005 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home