Google

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Mr and Mrs Smith

D and I caught Mr and Mrs Smith on Fri night to round up our list of must-watch movies for this month.
On the whole, the movie was a satire of marriage and the what-ifs combined with lots of good-old Hollywood action and helmed by 2 good-looking and sexy actors. What if the husband/wife isn't who he/she really is? What if the things we choose to hide from our partners are the things which will somewhat help them? I enjoyed the movie, especially since Brad and Angelina are in it... The one part I liked in the show is when while Brad was pursuing Angelina after both found out one another's true identity and had to kill the other, Brad asked Angelina how she felt the first time she met him. Angelina didn't answer at first and asked Brad the same question. His answer (which made me sigh) was "It felt like Christmas morning." Double sigh... Angelina, on the other hand, answered "You were the most beautiful mark I had ever seen." Right after that, she hit her head against her car seat a couple of times, regretting that she couldn't say the truth, ie she loved him... There were some scenes in the movie which hinted on their love for one another, but they had to put up this strong front and act as if their only goal was to eliminate the other. Incidentally, I liked the house they lived in (decor and the walk-in wardrobe) and especially the superbly equipped kitchen... I think I am becoming too domesticated for my own good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kancheong Spider said...

HI
Hmm, that will be a lil' difficult. Maybe you will have to wait for the DVD to come out or go out of town... Good luck on that.

6/13/2005 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home