Google

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Sick, Freak Accident and Still Sick

I hate being sick, 'cos I can't do loads of stuff and I feel like crap. Besides I don't exactly suffer from slight ailments, when I am sick, I am very sick.
Maybe it's the change in seasons, now that the temperature has been rising, the heat is something that my body is having problems adjusting to.
Or maybe it's the air quality and human congestion in HK. The pollution here is bad, sure miss S'pore's clean air though. And the human traffic here in HK is really scary.
Or maybe, just maybe, it's my immune system... I haven't been eating much fruits, just been drinking loads of fruit juice which isn't exactly the real thing (even tho' the label states "Make From Real Fruits").
Sigh... I have been suffering from flu since last Tues. Then it became worse during the weekend, when I was sniffing and feeling most irritated due to my sore throat. I was so worried that I would not be well for the 1st Dragon Boat training on Sunday, but it was cancelled due to the heavy thunderstorm we experienced. Just as well...
Survived school the next day, but had to call in sick during the night. Saw the doc who gave me MC for Tues and Wed. I practically slept throughout the morning, and only woke up around 1pm during those 2 days of recuperation.
Just when I thought things would not be worse... a silly accident occured on Wed. I got up of bed and went to make myself a coffee. As I bent to get a packet of sugar from the lower cabinet, a sharp pain rang through my lower back and I was like... oh my God, this is bad...
I remembered shuffling slowly to the chair, set down for awhile, willing the pain to go away. All the time, I thought it was just a silly muscle strain, but the pain persisted and I couldn't even move my body.
Dang, this is not good...
Later in the evening, when the pain still did not go away, I saw the doc again and was told I had sprained my back. Possibly due to the fact that I had coughed and sneezed too often and too hard earlier.
Actually I didn't tell him that I hurt it while I was making coffee... D definitely had a great time poking fun at me though.
So I had 2 more days of MC for my sprained back, but I had to return to school since I was away for 2 days already. Exams are coming, and I still need to complete the syllabus... I dunno why, but I do feel guilty about staying at home when I am sick 'cos I will think of the lessons and work that will pile up.
My back was still sore while I was in school on Thurs and has healed now.
Just when I thought I was getting better, I felt like sh** when I woke up this morning, in fact, it was so bad that even though I continued to rest till 1pm, I still felt like sh**. My throat was burning up, my nose was unnaturally stuffed, all my muscles felt like a ton, and my joints were so stiffed and painful.
Dang, the virus is back...
I popped more panadol, went to bed around 4pm till 7.30 pm. So far, I am feeling better and hope I will be well enough to go to Tung Lung Chau tomorrow for some outdoor climbing.
D was so bored today, we had plans to go out actually, but 'cos of this patient, he had to stay at home too. In the end, he played Forza Motosport on the Xbox, watched some TV, played Swat 4 on the PC, and back to Forza again. When I woke up at 7.30pm, he had vegetated the entire day, and boredom had gotten into him. Felt sorry for him actually...
Sigh, I need to be well again, it's the long weekend this week, and it will be such a waste to spend it at home... sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home