Google

Saturday, December 31, 2005

So Early...

Definitely sleepy still, but had to wake up 'cos we have to be at the dive centre by 7am this morning. As usual, whenever we need to go anywhere early in the morning, I will be the one to wake up first while D is still in bed. Reason being I take a while to get ready, and will also be the one to make kopi for HRH.
Had a couple of wine last nite and had my first taste of the shisha, apple flavour. This is the middle eastern tobacco, smoked from a nice looking thing called a Hookah of Egyptian design. We were with D's ex-colleague (together with her other friends) at one of the Middle Eastern cafes in Arab Street/Bali Lane area last night, and I must say, the experience is quite interesting. In fact, the entire Arab Street area is worth a visit at night. Some of these cafes are really great places to chill out, where I really felt transported to another time and another place, like in the Arabian nights or as some one put it last night, "It's a harem". Hehe. Now, where is that cute Sultan?!?
So we had possibly abt 3 hours of sleep (and D is still sleeping while I am typing this... drats), and we have a dive later this morning. A continuation of the PADI underwater photography that we are taking with D's good friend, who is an instructor. I reckon the vis in S'pore waters will not be that great, but a dive is still a dive, I will still be able to see stuff. The common gripe by the locals, especially the younger divers, is that "there is nothing to see here", and most prefer to be certified in Malaysian waters. Of course it will be easier to look for stuff in crystal clear waters, but I feel, if a person likes to dive or professes to be a diver, will still be able to appreciate the underwater environment no matter what. So why the discrimination?
Drats, D is still sleeping... I can't believe it, he has more hours of sleep than me now.
It's New Year's Eve, D and I will be at my good friend's place (a secondary school friend of mine, 16 going on to 17 years of friendship, and back for the Xmas/New Year hols from Vancouver) later tonite for the countdown. Come of think of it, five years ago, we did the countdown together too while D had to work throughout New Year's Eve due to the Y2K bug situation.
Got to go wake D up before we are really late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home